Serving Sauk Village
21737 Jeffery Ave
Sauk Village, IL 60411
How to get a library card
- You must have a SAUK VILLAGE address on your i.d./drivers' license. Address & name on mail has to match your i.d./drivers license.
- A piece of mail with the same name and address as stated on your i.d./drivers' license with a date on it within the last 30 days.
* (Bank statements, utility bills, and voters' registartion cards are accepted. LEASES ARE NOT ACCEPTED!!)
- If under the age of 18
- 1. The parent or legal guardian must live in the McConathy Public Library District. (The legal guardian must provide court papers.)
- 2. The child must be at least six years of age or in kindergarten.
- 3. The parent or legal guardian must present a current Illinois Drivers License with their current Sauk Village address.
- 4. The parent or legal guardian must present a current (within 30 days) utility bill.
- 5. The parent or legal guardian will sign for their child accepting full responsibility for all items checked out on the card, including items checked out on their child’s card for others.
You may be denied a card or renewal if
- You live in an unicorporated area. (You will have to purchase a card for $85.00 & it can be used for 1 year.)
- You or another household member has unpaid fines
- Computer usage is not free!
- All fines must be paid before computers can be used!
- *With a valid library card you can gain access to our computers. $1.00 per hour or any portion of the hour(1-60mins) $2.00 for the 1st hour with a valid i.d./drivers license
- Prints are .10 cents per page black & white no color copies.
- Children 14-17 need permission from their parent before they can use our computers or they will be asked to leave the computer room.
- Children under 14 need to be accompanied by an adult while using the computers or they will be asked to leave the computer room.
- Computers will be shutdown 20 minutes prior to closing time!
- * Cards from other S.W.A.N. participating libraries are accepted. Chicago cardholders will need to show a valid Chicago i.d./drivers license alongside Chicago Library Card.
- S.W.A.N. cardholders are free to checkout items from us.
- Books have a loan period of 2 weeks.
- T.V. series have a 2 week loan period
- DVDs and CDs have a loan period of 1 week.
- Late fee for DVD:$2.00 per item for each day overdue.
- Late fee for new books .25 cents per day.
- late fee for old books .10 cents per day.
- Late fee for kid books .05 cents per day.
- Renewals may be done in person (library card and item required) or here through the catalog website. New items may not be able to be renewed.
- Renewal attempts may fail if the item has a hold on it or if it has been renewed previously. (Renewal limit 0 - 2 renewals. May vary per item, library etc.)
- Notary: $1.00 for each notary signature. Please call ahead for availibility!
- Fax: $2.00 for the first page .50 cents each additional page per fax.
- Copier: .10 per page black & white only.
- Card replacement is $2.00 + any fines. Cardholder and household fines have to be paid before any cards can be renewed or issused.